Health, Love and Yoga
April 14 – 9:00 – 5:00
at the beautiful S.F. Theological Seminary campus in San Anselmo, CA
I invite you to join me for a day full of exploration and self-discovery with two friends and colleagues who are gifted teachers in their chosen fields – John Gray, bestselling author of the Mars-Venus series, and master yoga teacher Sherri Baptiste.
Elson, John and Sherri will each offer one morning and one afternoon class:
Become your own Best Doctor: Dr. Elson Haas has been a integrative family physician for more than 40 years and he is founder-director of the Preventive Medical Center of Marin, recently voted Best Holistic Clinic in Marin by Pacific Sun. A quote from the ancient Greek physician Hippocrates has influenced Elson during his career – “Everyone has a doctor in him or her; we just have to help it in its work. The natural healing force within each one of us is the greatest force in getting well.” He has also drawn inspiration from the barefoot doctors of ancient China who were paid to keep people healthy and not just to treat them when they got sick. Elson will share insights and practical methods drawn from his experience with thousands of patients.
- Learn about Elson’s 5 Keys to Staying Healthy
- Where are you on the Health Continuum
- Why does a seasonal approach to health matter?
- How to become proactive in your own health care on a daily basis
When John Gray’s international bestseller “Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus” was first published in 1992 it changed the discussion about relationships.
Now he presents “Beyond Mars Venus: Relationship skills for Today’s Complex World”
John will talk about why being a man or woman in today’s society is more nuanced and complex than ever. Yet, despite the changes, men and women remain fundamentally different on a hormonal level. What do these differences mean in today’s ever-evolving relationships.
- How do the changes in workplace and home roles impact relationships?
- Is gender neutrality a realistic perception in 21st century relationships?
- Are there differences in our relationships at different life stages? If so, what are they?
- If everyone could take on one action today in his or her relationship, what would it be?
- What are the three most common roadblocks to easy communication between the sexes? How do we best work with them?
Nationally recognized yoga expert SHERRI BAPTISTE is at the forefront of yoga and physical culture training in America. She is founder of Baptiste Power of Yoga ™ and author of “Yoga with Weights for Dummies.” Sherri will present dynamic beginner-to-intermediate-level yoga classes geared toward students of all levels of ability. She will skillfully and gently guide you through a flowing yoga practice that offers a series seamless transitions between the various postures (asanas) using flowing breath-based movements. These practices will help you –
- Access and sustain mental, emotional and physical well being
- Enhance creative abilities and a calm, relaxed state of mind
- Experience fresh insights, transformation and inspiration as you strengthen the muscles of your mind and physical body.These proven techniques will help develop alignment, core strength, improved breathing and balance. This is a deep meditative practice for body, mind and resiliency of spirit.
Cost: $229 – includes delicious healthy lunch and snacks
Tickets at Eventbrite
Or call the Preventive Medical Center of Marin at 415-472-2343
Learn more about John Gray here
And more about Sherri Baptiste here