False Fat refers to the bloating and swelling that can result from eating “reactive” foods, and this makes people look and feel fatter than they actually are. The process that generates false fat also contributes to the congestion and inflammation that leads to many acute and chronic health problems. Clearing false fat with a new “elimination” diet often helps people feel better immediately and is the beginning of reducing true fat, and healing many other conditions as well. Here are 10 tips to help:
1. Watch out for the Sensitive Seven – the most common reactive foods. These are typically the foods most frequently eaten by people in modern societies — cow’s milk, wheat, cane sugar, eggs, corn (and corn syrup sweetener), soy products and peanuts.
2. If you have strong cravings for a particular food and feel that you must have it, there is a good chance you are reactive to that food. In that case, you’ll find that you feel better after avoiding it for a couple of weeks and then you can try it again. Challenge yourself and see if you react.
3. To prevent False Fat, eat a variety of wholesome, natural foods and minimize the processed foods in your diet.
4. Rotate foods and avoid eating the same foods every day, especially wheat, sugar and dairy products.
5. Chew your food thoroughly and make sure that your digestive tract is working efficiently. If not, have it checked out and re-balanced with the aid of a naturally-oriented practitioner. (See The Detox Diet book.)
6. Get regular exercise to help stimulate your metabolism and energy. You will find that it also cuts your appetite and burns calories.
7. General supplements that are supportive during the False Fat program are vitamin C and the bioflavonoid quercetin, vitamin A and zinc, niacin, blue green algaes like chlorella, and MSM. To enhance your digestion, try hydrochloric acid, digestive enzymes and probiotics.
8. The initial detoxification phase will lessen your food cravings for reactive foods and eliminate false fat quickly. To cut cravings, try additional vitamin C (1000-2000mg daily), calcium (250-500mg) and magnesium (150-250mg), and the trace mineral, chromium (200-300mcg).
9. Other health problems also improve with the False Fat diet. People report decreases in a wide range of uncomfortable conditions, including environmental allergies and asthma, skin rashes, digestive disorders, chronic sinus congestion, fatigue, headaches, and insomnia.
10. Besides lowering weight, the False Fat program will also improve your energy level and your overall health. Best of all, your skin and your body will look and feel more youthful and vibrant.
© 2015 by Elson Haas, MD